The World Bank, as part of an ongoing program to support SEDAPAL in improving its operational and commercial performance, hired K&M to provide support to SEDAPAL in strengthening its financial performance. As part of this assignment, K&M supported SEDAPAL through workshops to develop an action plan to enhance SEDAPAL’s financial management. This action plan was developed as terms of reference for contracting services financed by a World Bank loan and constitutes one of the components of Component 2 of the Program.
K&M’s scope of work included the following:
- Conducted a desk review of at least three years of SEDAPAL financial statements.
- Carried out an analysis of key financial indicators and its benchmarking across other water utilities in Latin America.
- Conducted an analysis of the current tariff structure.
- Developed recommendations for the improvement of SEDAPAL’s financial management.
- Prepared materials and analysis results for the client via virtual workshops.
- Created part of the project appraisal document (PAD) to be included in the main text or annex describing SEDAPA’s financial areas of improvements and recommendations.