The Water and Sewerage Corporation of The Bahamas has engaged K&M to undertake the preparation of a Corporate Business Plan. The primary objective of this consultancy is to develop a comprehensive plan that will guide the Water and Sewerage Corporation’s activities from 2023 to 2027. The plan will encompass various aspects such as service quality, operational efficiency, financial management, capital investments, and the legal and regulatory framework.
Within this assignment, K&M has been assigned the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of a financial model for the Water and Sewerage Corporation (WSC) to facilitate effective financial planning and management.
- Conducting a cost of service study for WSC, which will help determine the appropriate pricing structure for services.
- Developing an action plan for tariffs, ensuring a strategic approach to tariff adjustments in line with the cost of service study outcomes.
- Providing advisory support on existing water supply contracts, reviewing their terms and conditions, and making recommendations for improvements or updates.
- Creating a prioritized capital expenditure (CAPEX) plan for WSC, outlining investments aimed at enhancing operational efficiency, improving service quality, and strengthening the overall resilience of the organization. Additionally, developing a financing plan to support the implementation of the CAPEX plan.
- Recommending changes to government policies and the legal and regulatory framework governing the water and sewerage sector, aiming to create an enabling environment for WSC’s operations.
- Establishing a baseline of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure customer satisfaction, enabling WSC to monitor and enhance its service delivery.
- Providing advisory support for the update of WSC’s emergency response plan, ensuring preparedness and efficient response in emergency situations.
- Ultimately, K&M will prepare the Corporate Business Plan itself, incorporating all the necessary components and recommendations.
Throughout the process, K&M will also lead stakeholder engagement forums and present the developed recommendations to the Government, ensuring transparency and collaboration in shaping the future of the Water and Sewerage Corporation of The Bahamas.