K&M has been contracted by Water en Energiebedrijf Aruba (WEB) for an assignment to assist in updating the Levelized cost of electricity (LCOE) and emissions forecast of a generation scenario where all thermals are converted to run-on gas from LNG and renewable energy sources fill at least 50% of the island’s electricity generation needs.
K&M will perform the following:
- Update and confirm scenario assumptions, including the size of wind and solar power plants; battery size and duration; investment costs; timelines for wind and solar projects; capacity factors for wind and solar projects; CAPEX and OPEX for new technologies (solar, wind, and battery; and fuel prices for HFO, LFO, and LNG
- Update WEB Generation and Financial models according to updated assumptions
- Reflect any new information on other key assumptions driving the generation and financial model. For example, first gas timing, ELMAR demand, rooftop solar penetration, and others
- Include more refined estimates of parasitic load and other internal electricity consumption that affects the net generation
- Refine maintenance cost estimates based on actual running hours
- include the Task 1 agreed-on scenarios and updated assumptions.
- Run models and analyze scenarios